"Speak Up...We're Listening" Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness - September 15, 2016
This is a guest post from the Hospital for Sick Children.
The SickKids Centre for Brain & Mental Health (C-BMH) invites you to join us in raising awareness for youth suicide prevention and commemorating World Suicide Prevention Day 2016 at our Speak Up…We’re Listening event on Thursday September 15, 2016.
- Two young Canadians are lost each day to suicide.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among children between the ages of 10 and 19 years in Canada.
- Research shows that mental illness is the most important risk factor for suicide. More than 90% of people who commit suicide have a mental disorder.
- Suicide is among the top 20 leading causes of death globally
Speak Up…We’re Listening will take place in the Garden Patio at the Hospital for Sick Children (In the main hospital Atrium, 555 University Avenue) on Thursday September 15, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Discover the many youth suicide prevention community organizations that exist and the resources each one offers.
- Learn about the services that are available to your children or patients.
- Take away valuable informational brochures and articles for your home or clinic.
- And much more!
All members of the public and health care professionals are welcome to attend.
You can find more details HERE.
We hope to see you there! Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org