Life With A Preterm Baby is having its Building Strong NICU Families Symposium on Thursday, November 3, 2016
This is a guest post submitted by Winnie Ng, the Special Events and Design Manager for Healthy Start, Healthy Future
- Learn about the unique challenges of the Mental Health & the NICU experience and how interventions can directly impact mental health outcomes in parent and baby.
- Understand your role in supporting the parents of a child with a mental or physical health concerns. This session will also provide strategies and tools in helping parents of preterm infants to thrive.
- Hear from parents about their experience in navigating the secret world of parenting preterm baby after being discharged from the hospital.
- Discover how attachment and healthy brain development lead to enhance children's mental health.
- Learn how to support new families to create a Healthy Start by learning about the common challenges parents face throughout the early years with a preterm baby.
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2016
Registration Time:7:30 AM
Time:8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Mount Sinai Hospital
For more information, please go to: http://www.lifewithababy.com/preterm/symposium2016
To register for the symposium, please go to: http://www.lifewithababy.com/event-2345436