The Kids Are Not Alright: The Urgent Need for a National Dialogue to Invest in the Wellbeing of Canada’s Children
This is a guest post submitted by Sara L. Austin, Founder and President/CEO of Children's First Canada.
Canada is the 5th most prosperous nation in the world, but Canadian kids aren’t reaping the benefits. We rank 17th globally for the wellbeing of children, and drop to 27th place for child health and safety. We can and must do better: Canada’s future depends on it.
After Children First's initial 2016 launch on the EC platform in Toronto, we are proud to bring this important discussion to Ottawa.
Moderator: André Picard, Public Health Reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Sara L. Austin,Founder, President & CEO, Children First
- Ashley Whiteman, Prime Minister's Youth Council Member, Government of Canada
- The Honourable Landon Pearson O.C., Landon Pearson Centre for the Study of Childhood and Children’s Rights, Carleton University
- Alex Munter,President and Chief Executive Officer, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
- Ted Woodhead, Senior Vice President, Federal Government and Regulatory Affairs
- TELUS Communications Company
Individual seat: $89 +HST
Table (seats 10): $800 +HST
Individual seat: $110 +HST
Table (seats 10): $990 +HST
- Lunch will be served -
- For information about accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dietary restriction notes and meal requests must be submitted to email@example.com 48 hours in advance of event.