Spring launch of AboutKidsHealth
This is a guest post submitted by the AboutKidsHealth website.
Starting mid-April, look out for a new AboutKidsHealth.ca!
Patients and families can still rely on AboutKidsHealth for up-to- date, trustworthy health information from the experts at SickKids, but new features will allow the website to better meet its users’ needs.
Why did we update the site?
- Over 70% of our users now visit AboutKidsHealth on their mobile devices. Our new site will allow parents and caregivers to view all of our Health A-Z articles — including 3,000 medical illustrations and animations — at any time on their phones and tablets.
- Our new search tools and updated article layouts will highlight relevant information for patients and families, directing them to what they need faster than before.
What’s different about AboutKidsHealth?
- AboutKidsHealth will now introduce its articles with a brief overview and set of key points. This summarizes the most relevant content for users, so they can assess the information they need more efficiently.
- If parents and caregivers aren’t sure of the exact article they’re looking for, AboutKidsHealth can quickly direct them to relevant topics. With our new search tools, it’s possible to filter results by body system, body part, health specialty, health category, and language. Users can also find articles on a main A-Z index page.
- Looking at a Health-AZ article? Our new design allows you to jump to sections such as “Signs and symptoms”, “Treatment” or “When to seek medical attention” — bringing you the info you need, without having to look through the whole article.
To see more of what the new site will offer, check out our video tour and FAQs!